Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Misspellings

My name is Stephen "S-T-E-P-H-E-N" Collings "C-O-L-L-I-N-G-S". I have to spell it out constantly over the phone or in person, because the vast majority of people would write "Steven Collins", or occasionally "Stephen Collins". (This, by the way, is a great argument for adding some sort of side-band for text alongside a phone call. An easy way to send text to the person you're talking to right now, landline or mobile, would be a huge improvement in my world.)

Of course, other misspellings are possible.




Eaton Collings is another good one. Until recently, my favorite was when I was listed in a wedding program as "Stephen Coolings". But this week, a gentleman from Quebec won the grand prize when my reservation got made under the name Heathen Collings.

No comments:

Post a Comment